Amazon Recruitment 2023 for Data Centre Linux & HW Engineer. Interested Candidates can go through the details and apply using the link provided at the bottom of the Post.
|Data Centre Linux & HW Engineer
|Work From home
|Graduates BCA/MCA/Bsc/ MCA/MSC/BE/ Btech)
Amazon Hiring DESCRIPTION
Data Center Operations designs, installs & maintains the world’s largest Cloud Computing Infrastructure. We are looking for skilled Data Centre Operation Technician at Amazon Data Services India Private Limited (“ADSIPL”) with a passion for technology to help us expand AWS Cloud offerings to the next level.
To keep up with this demand on both disk and network capacity, we continue to expand our Data Centers in India. Also, our content delivery AWS service, CloudFront, has expanded its Data Centers presence by over 50% worldwide in the last 12 months and are expecting to increase by a similar number over the next 12 months. This requires talented people to build & manage. We hope it is you! Come and work for the world’s most Customer Centric Company. The location for this job to be discussed, as there may be opportunities in several India locations.
The Opportunity: Data Centre Operation Technician This role is a unique opportunity to work in some of the most cutting-edge data centers in the world. ADSIPL’s data centers are large-scale high-density centers where you will be working on changing the face of Cloud technology in India.
The Opportunity: Data Centre Operations Tech
This role is a unique opportunity to work in some of the most cutting edge data centers in the world. ADSIPL’s data centers are large-scale high-density centers where you will be working on changing the face of Cloud technology in India.
A Data Centre Operations Tech at ADSIPL may be the primary point of contact for both internal customers (for example: Network Engineers, Systems Engineers, Software Developers, Database Engineers, Technical Operations) and external customers (Hardware Vendors, Contractors, Service Providers among others).
There is never a dull moment as each day presents itself with different challenges. Some of the key responsibilities you will undertake are:
Problem Solving: Maintain a high level of system reliability by prioritizing and resolving trouble tickets efficiently, these include:
· Escalation point and technical troubleshooter for all Systems and Network hardware problems
· Deep diving into Linux server issues
· XEN service virtualization troubleshooting
Technical: Troubleshoot technical issues on various platforms ranging from Systems through Networking to Power/Mechanical
· Remediation of physical layer outages, both Systems & Network
· Remediation or recovery of physical power issues on racks
· Participate in Data Center power & cooling events
Operations: Meet 24×7 On-Call requirements and response during shift rotations.
· Install & configure racks of hosts in line with internal SLAs
· Triage & resolve trouble tickets for all devices in your region
· Data Center point of contact for all High Severity issues
· Physical replacement of server and network device parts
· Ensure correct rotation of parts & spares
· Help define metrics to increase our customer uptime
· Enforcing Security Best Practices at ADSIPL
· Interact with third party vendors & contractors
· Contribute ideas to improve operational efficiency
· Participate in and deliver on a number of high impact small to mid-scale projects
· Participate in internal team meetings at ADSIPL for metric analysis and project status updates
· Help build the world’s largest Cloud infrastructure in India
Mentoring: Share knowledge and help educate less technical staff on the best practices related to all break fix issues
Hiring: Contribute towards building a great team by getting involved in the ADSIPL’s hiring process/candidate interviews
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Hyderabad, TS, IND
Amazon Hiring BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
· Solid Understanding of Linux/Unix Administration
· Server Hardware Troubleshooting experience
· Server Booting: POST, BIOS, PXE, Kickstart, GRUB/LILO, RAID
· Some Experience with Network Protocols: TCP/IP, Ethernet, L2/L3 technologies
· Network Hardware: Copper and Optical Fiber Cabling, Switches, Routers
· Strong Communication Skills
· Passionate about IT infrastructure and hardware!
* This position also has a physical component requiring the ability to lift & rack equipment up to 20kg; it may require working in cramped spaces or in elevated locations while adhering to health & safety guidelines.
* This role involves covering 24×7 shift rotation
Amazon Hiring PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
· Remote Access: Console routers, IPMI, BMC
· Network Equipment Installation and Configuration
· Cisco IOS, NX-OS, JunOS
· Redundancy: Power feeds, ATS, Server Hardware, RAID, Network Connectivity
· Data Center Operations: Inventory Management, Hot/Cold Aisles, Security
· Participated in Project Management
· Experience or Knowledge of AWS products: EC2, EBS, S3 etc.
· Scripting: Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby (or programming languages)
Amazon Hiring Important Links
|Apply for This Job
|CHECK OUT SARKARI JOB UPDATES
|FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
|JOIN US ON TELEGRAMS
|JOIN US ON LINKEDIN
|JOIN OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL